Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Witnessing

I know I haven't posted for a while, and I'm sorry. Not that anyone really reads this anyway, so it's more of a self-apology, but if you do, there's it is.
I've had some hectic stuff going on in my life, which led to my dropping off the face of the earth for a while, but now I'm easing my way back into life one step at a time.

You know, it's curious how hypocritical we often seem to be. To quote a Kutless song:

It's like me, to never see
When it came, when it went,
Now it's gone away.

Monday morning, between Chem and Psych classes, I was in the computer lab working on something, and unlike normal, I didn't have my headphones on at the time. I happened to overhear the conversation of two girls sitting across the table from me (It's a pretty quiet room, even with all the computers), and I caught this: "Wouldn't Christians be offended by that image?" referring to something one of them had on their screen. Naturally, this piqued my curiosity, so I asked them what image it was (thinking it was something along the lines of the icythus with legs or something. She said it was the image of Jesus hanging on the cross. She said something about having "their savior with nails in his hands," honestly I don't remember exactly when she said because part of me was shocked that it would be suggested that Christians would be offended by it. All I could managed was a "No, not at all..." That was about all I could think of at the time, and she didn't say anything else about it, so I went about what I had been doing. In retrospect, I thought of a million different things I could have said, and it would have been a perfect opportunity.

My conversation is leading nowhere
And we talk of God
But still I don't share.
So many times that I just
Never saw the chance

It's like me, to never see
When it came, when it went,
Now it's gone away.
It's so like me, to never see
When it came, when it went,
Now it's gone away.

The phone rings
With news that he's gone.
Just in time I shared
My heart was prepared
And another soul was won.
So much truth to tell
I am so glad I saw the chance

It's like me, to never see
When it came, when it went,
Now it's gone away.
It's so like me, to never see
When it came, when it went,
Now it's gone away.

Sometimes I still never
See when perfect
Opportunities come by and
Would my care increase
If I truly believed
That a life could be saved?

It's like me, to never see
When it came, when it went,
Now it's gone away...

No comments: